Frequently Asked Questions


 Do I need a permit to put a shed on my property?

Yes.  Permits are required for sheds, pools, decks, garages, homes and many maintenance activities.  Please call the Township at 814-944-5349 for any questions.

 Does Logan Township have a weed ordinance?

Yes.  Grass and weeds may not exceed a height of twelve (12) inches within one hundred (100) feet of any habitable structure.  If you have questions or complaints, please call the Township’s Code Enforcement Officer at 814-944-5349.

 Does the Township collect leaves?

The Township’s Public Works crew collects leaves every fall. The dates of this collection will be found on the website.

 How can I find out where my property lines are?

A surveyor should be able to identify the locations of the property pins for you.  Surveyors can be found in the yellow pages of the phone book.

 How can I find out where the closest bus stop is?

Call Amtran at 814-944-4074.

 How do I properly address my property?

Please click on the link below to read the rules on addressing your property.  This includes the required size of house numbers.

 Is open burning permitted?

Burning is permitted on Tuesdays from 8am-6pm and Saturdays from 8am – 3pm.

 What are the hours of the Income Tax Office?

The Blair County Tax Collection Bureau has office hours Monday – Friday 8am 4:30pm.  The Bureau is located at 1419 3rd Ave., Duncansville, PA 16635 and is directly in front of Antique Depot.  Their office can be contacted via phone at (814) 317-5335 or email: 

 What are the hours of the Real Estate Tax Office?

The real estate tax office is open Tuesday and Thursday from 8am to 4:30pm.  The office is located in the Logan Township Municipal Building at 100 Chief Logan Circle, Altoona.  They can be reached at 944-5348.

 What can I do with used motor oil?

Used motor oil can be recycled at the Blair County Yard Waste and Compost Facility – 814-941-6675.

 What if I have a problem with dogs or cats?

Contact the Central PA Humane Society at 814-942-5402.

 When does the Board of Supervisors regularly meet?

The Board meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month.  Each meeting is at 6pm in the Township Building.

 Where can I find information on individual water wells?

Water well information can be found on DEP’s website at

 Where can I get a recycling bin?

Recycling bins can be picked up in the basement of Altoona City Hall - 1301 - 12th Street, Suite 8, Altoona, PA 16601, 814-942-7472

 Where can I take my grass clippings?

Grass clippings can be recycled at the Blair County Yard Waste and Compost Facility – 814-941-6675.

 Where do I obtain a dog license?

Dog licenses can be obtained at the following locations:


Blair County Treasurer’s Office – 814-693-3120

Campbell’s Sporting Goods – Hollidaysburg

Over’s Country Store – Martinsburg

Central PA Humane Society – Altoona

Fiore’s True Value Hardware – Altoona

Southern Blair Hardware – Tyrone

Nelson’s – Claysburg

To print out an application and then mail it to the Blair County Treasurer's Office, follow this click here.

 Where do I vote?

There are 7 voting districts within the Township.  Please call the Blair County Voter Registration Office at 814-693-3150.

 Who do I call about sewer billing?

Please call the Logan Township Sewer Department at 814-949-3367.

 Who do I call for a final water reading or water billing?

Please call the Altoona City Authority at 814-949-2540.

 Who do I call if a street light is out?

Remember the pole number and call Penelec at 800-670-4488.

 Who do I call if a traffic signal is out?

During the day, call the Township office at 814-944-5349.  After hours, call 911.

 Who do I call to report a dead deer?

Call the Game Commission at 814-643-1831.

 Who is the trash hauler for Logan Township?

There is not one specific trash hauler in the Township.  You may pick one specific hauler from the phone book.  The hauler must be licensed.